Get your Zombie apocalypse guide here.
The threat of Zombies attacking is so real to Americans that the CDC has guidelines posted for what to do when Zombies attack. We thought we’d post one to keep all our customers covered.
Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide
Whether you believe in the possibility of a legitimate zombie apocalypse or not, a little preparedness can go a very long way in any emergency. When you are dealing with zombies, however, a few extra essentials can mean the difference between life and death. Might we suggest you check out the above list of essentials to have on hand as listed by the CDC, or you can check out our list below that might also have a few more practical items you will want to have on hand for a zombie-related emergency.
- Running Shoes: Anyone who’s seen a good zombie flick knows that zombies march, amble, shuffle, mosey, trudge or lumber–but one thing is for sure, they never, ever run. If you want to make a quick exit out of a zombie’s reach, it’s highly possible that simply running away might be one mighty viable solution. In the event of a legitimate zombie invasion, fitness is going to be of utmost importance anyway. Go for a run!
- Energy Bars: During any zombie apocalypse, most survivors who haven’t stored emergency supplies at home will be forced to head to their local market in order to find food. You may want to consider stockpiling some muesli or energy bars to have on hand as a food source in case of an emergency.
- Silent Weapon: A gun is really only useful in the most dire of situations if you find yourself under attack from a group of zombies, as the sound of the gun going off is likely to bring even more zombies in your direction. It’s important to have a good defensive weapon that is silent and doesn’t require reloading. A baseball bat, a machete, a hammer, a crowbar or a hefty plank are all good choices. A bow and arrow has been very effective on episodes of “The Walking Dead”.
- H20: Water is one of the most essential items needed for your ultimate survival. You are going to need a lot, especially if you expend a lot of energy fighting off or running from zombies.
- Surgical Mask: This is not necessary, but this item can make your existence during a zombie apocalypse much more tolerable. The reality of the situation is, there is going to be bodies in various stages of decomposition virtually everywhere. Zombies themselves are likely to smell absolutely horrible, too. Anything you can do to filter the air that you breathe and disseminate some of that wretched smell is a very, very good thing.
- Handi-Wipes: Once again, you may be faced with contact of all sorts of unspeakable things during a zombie attack including body fluids, blood splatters, guts–arm yourself with a hygienic way to clean up and you will be much happier.
- Heavy-Duty Clothing: A leather jacket, heavy denim jeans, boots, etc. will offer you a minimal degree of protection should you find yourself in hand-to-hand combat with a zombie and these also may actually protect you from being bitten in some instances.
- Stay In a Safe Place: You are far safer in a defensible building than out in the open, so keep this in mind when planning your next move. Brick buildings with as few windows as possible are ideal. Fortress your abode as much as you possibly can to prevent surprise invaders.